Youth Service Opportunities
Conversion and formation are ongoing responsibilities of the mature Christian. Candidates preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation are required to participate in (10) hours of service per year, (5) hours completed through a church ministry and the remaining (5) hours can be completed with another community organization.
Current Service Opportunities:
Year One Requirements
For Year One Confirmation Students. Service forms are due by the last scheduled year-one confirmation class.
At the end of each year the confirmation students will be required to submit a Services Project Form with completed reflection questions:
- What did you learn from this project?
How did you grow in your relationship with Jesus through this project?
- What have you learned about Christian life from this project?
- What have you learned about yourself?
Year Two Requirements
For Year Two Confirmation Candidates. Letters and service forms are due by the Confirmation Mass rehearsal.
In your letter to Father Nick, please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be confirmed?
- How do you know you’re ready to be confirmed?
- How has participating in service hours prepared you for confirmation?